BSAC Sports Diver training builds on the scuba skills learnt in the Ocean Diver course and helps develop confidence, skills and experience in the water. The course builds a sound foundation of open water diving skills and experience with structured, practical lessons.
Qualified BSAC Sports Divers are ready to take part in dives with other Ocean Divers or higher grade divers. Depth can be built progressively to a maximum of 35m after qualfying*. Sports Divers can embark on the first stage of the route of instruction.
To enrol on the BSAC Sports Diver Course you must be 12 years or older.
You must have already successfully completed a BSAC Ocean Diver course (or qualifying certification from another recognised training agency).
What you'll learn
You'll hone your scuba skills and experience in various areas including rescue skills, Surface Marker Buoys (SMBs) and Delayed Surface Marker Buoys (DSMBs), navigation, techniques with equipment, and more about breathing gas. In addition, BSAC Sports Divers are taught how to support a Dive Manager by acting as their deputy as the first step in developing this important role in support of safe diving. The BSAC Sports Diver course has both practical and classroom lessons run in an integrated sequence. The course includes a sheltered water lesson and five open water lessons.
Qualification and what that means
A BSAC Sports is defined as a diver who is competent to:
• conduct dives to 20m (if you choose to do the post qualification progress dives, the depth is increased in 5m increments to 35m)
• conduct dives with a BSAC Ocean Diver within the restrictions of the conditions already encountered by the Ocean Diver
• conduct dives with another BSAC Sports Diver, within the restrictions of the conditions already encountered during training.
• Conduct dives with a Dive Leader or higher grade, to expand experience beyond the conditions encountered during training, under the supervision of a Dive Manager.
• use breathing gas mixes up to Nitrox 36
• plan and conduct dives requiring mandatory decompression stops
• rescue a casualty and provide basic life support
• support the role of Dive Manager by acting as a competent deputy
UK - £400. Spain - £450 (excluding accommodation). This includes all necessary manuals, diving equipment and three months membership of BSAC.
Whilst undergoing training with Diverstime, divers are fully isured anywhere in the world.
Please Note: Before undertaking any training with Diverstime, divers must complete a medical form. Contact us for further details.
Waste no more time, make it your time with DIVERSTIME!
* To complete the depth progression you need be over 14 years old. Those under 14 years can qualify to Sports Diver but can dive to a maximum depth of 20m.